When I started blogging a year ago, I was mostly looking for a way to channel my nervous energy about writing into something productive. I had finished my first ever manuscript (started and “won” at NaNo the year prior), and then spent 6 months editing it. I was burnt out from that project, and had been lured away by a strike of inspiration for a shiny new MS idea. That led to a hastily drawn out outline, a full abandonment of the NaNo novel, and THEN led to this blog. While I was so excited about my new idea, I wanted to make sure I never abandoned a project again. At least, not until it really was done. I wanted to find a way to stay accountable.
While I haven’t been the most consistent blogger, by ANY means, having this blog has helped me during times of slump.
I have some goals going forward for the next year (both blogging and not-specific-to-blogging):
- BLOG AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH
- Finish revisions of Sky WIP (roughly from now-August)
- Introduce a regular review feature (I have so many partially completed reviews drafted from the last year… Allegiant, here’s looking at you!)
- Querying!! (September-November)
- … Share this blog with IRL people (there’s an entire post coming on this soon, I swear)
What a difference a year can make. I’ve changed cities, completed a degree, completed my second manuscript, and MADE WRITING FRIENDS! I can’t wait to see what the next year will bring. 🙂